Friday, February 10, 2006

Betcha can't eat just one

Remember when I said I was a process baker? Well, it runs in the family. My sister (of the crunchy yarn fame) is the world's all-time process baker. She probably thinks she's just a baker, but she'll know better now. P-r-o-c-e-s-s. Say it together now. She bakes all the time, and as far as I know, she never has any flops. She inherited the "I need to feed you" gene from both of our grandmothers. I would say that I dread to visit her because I know I'll gain weight, but that would be a lie. I just plan for it, elastic waist pants and all. On one visit she had homemade pecan turtles waiting for me. Big, homemade pecan turtles. I think she has stock in Weight Watchers. Moving on, she called the other night (after my rather spectacular sugar substitute brownie failure) to tell me about her brownie success. The picture above is proof that I must do everything she does. These are Outrageous Brownies, ala Ina Garten. These things are freaking fantastic. I even ate one. Well, two. But in two days, so that's not so bad. Of course I took some in to work. Big mistake. When they were all gone I still had people hunting me down to see if I had put any in some secret hiding place (like my mouth, maybe?) I do believe my boss is going to put a moratorium on my bringing baked goods in to the office. Here's to you Ina, and to all of us who don't and won't trust a skinny cook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so yummy!!!!!!

Mothlady said...

Mmm, looks delicious! Just the sort of thing I'd want during the (Knitting) Olympics. And good, strong coffee. Hehe, I'm a proud member of Team Caffeine :)

Anonymous said...

You are right bout the "can't eat just one", i ate all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...