Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Finished Object


Actually, two. Here are the Jaywalkers, in their infinite finished state. Infinite. finished. Hey, that doesn't make any sense, does it? Shannon, remember to act surprised when you get these next month, and yes, my feet were clean when I tried them on for the photoshoot. I really like the snug fit of these socks, and the fact that Shannon has little feet. It took me months to get these suckers done.
A thanks goes out to Julie for the heads-up information on the toe-up sock pattern she left in the comments. Julie, I'm assuming you've tried them and it works, right?? No guinea pig status for me!
I've started The Saturday Market Bag from the latest MAG Knits. I'm using Lion Brand Cotton, so mine probably (definitely)won't stretch as much, but I couldn't wait to order any Brown Sheep online. Go check out the Jodie's (the designer) website here. I would have liked to post a pic of what the bag on MAG Knits looks like, but the image is copyrighted. Go look for yourself!
I also wanted to share a really great book I started and finished last night. I bought this book for .50 at the University book sale a month or two ago, and left it in the guest bedroom for someone else to read. I didn't even remember what it was about until my sister read it and said it was great. It's The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud, by Ben Sherwood. I think it would make great listening if you can find it on CD or something. I, on the other hand, stayed up until 2:30am because I couldn't put it down.
I'll leave you with my gardenias, wishing you could smell them, too!

9 comments:

Vera said...

Beautiful socks and flowers.

Donna said...

The socks are pretty! I tried that pattern but never got more than an inch made and quit....

Mmmm...gardenia. We have one on the corner of the house and can smell it when we sit on the deck. My husband came home from Lowes with another one this weekend. He's going to pot it and put it on the deck. It is a different variety and looks sort of like a magnolia bloom instead of like your picture and the current gardenia we have.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your bag. E-mail me a picture and I'll post it in my gallery along with a link!

Unknown said...

I am curious to read about your progress on the market bag. Good luck!!! I DO wish I could smell the gardenias. I grew up in the southeast and miss them very much!!!!

Shannon said...

I can't wait for my bday! My feet will be happy! I love your magnolia but I bet it would never live in Mi.!

Angela said...

Gorgeous gardenias, those never last up here in the rain. Nice jaywalkers, I love those socks and colours together.

Beverly said...

The tia-judy pattern was my first pair. Toe-ups are great,especially if you have problems with the size of the foot. They're about all I make now.

I am very jealous. I love the smell of gardenias. we had one that continously attracted the neighborhood dogs for some bizarre reason. Finally had to cut it down.

Anonymous said...

I can tell from your sidebar list that we have reading taste in common. I'll check out this new recommendation.

Anonymous said...

Amazing gardenias! I'm so envious - the one I'm wearing for the wedding is a fake and pretty, but I'd swoon for a real one and the scent! (And if the real thing would grow with a convenient little clip on the back, that would help too!)

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...