Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Joy of Sock

Hey, look Ma, it's a sock!!

I finally finished the damn thing during class last week. It's the best fitting sock I've ever made, all but for the ribbed cuff. Apparently my calves are just a bit too shapely for the ribbed cuffs. I'm going to rip out the ribbing and just have a basic rolled edge. And if I'm lucky, I'll make a matching sock to go with it. In the meantime, I made a gauge swatch with some Lorna's Laces "Watercolor" for yet another sock. Notice I didn't say "pair of socks". I have a problem.

This swatch is done on US #2's. Turns out that I'm going to have to go back to the #0's. sigh. Just not tight enough to suit me. But I do like the colors - bright, with a hint of autumn.
In baby news, the boys are gaining steadily (wonder where they get that from?) and doing well. Here is the proof:

Daniel, at 6 lbs.

Luke, at 5 lbs.

7 comments:

Donna said...

The boys are looking great! Glad to hear they are doing so well.

I think I have that same color LL Watercolor yarn. It's pretty!

Vera said...

Congrats on the socks. The boys are so sweet. Are the indentical?

Beverly said...

The twins are handsome fellows.

Socks are so-o-o-o much better in pairs. It'll be cool before you know it.

Shannon said...

Knitting during class? That's not going to earn you any brownie points! It must be a really interesting class huh! Love the yarn on both of those socks.

The boys are filling out nicely!

Anonymous said...

The boys are looking so good, and so is your sock!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! The babies! The Amy Butler bag! The babies! The sock! The sassy tiger grandma! The babies! And is that a new haircut? I've missed so much in the last month - so many good things on your blog! Well, congratulations first of all - those little guys are beautiful and I'm sure they'll be lots of fun to knit for! And you've been busy - the bag and the socks look great - nice work!

epgraves said...

I know nothing about knitting but I know cute babies when I see them!

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...