Monday, September 18, 2006

Steve the Cat

Well, this is something like knitting. After two lovely days at home, sick, and a weekend of sleeping and coughing, I was feeling all crafty. I recently acquired these three books, for a total of $19.50, and simply had to let the craftiness out.













Yes, those are my incredibly petite feet in the picture. It's a wonder I don't fall over when I stand up.
All this leads up to Steve the Cat. Steve can be found in Denyse Schmidt's new book. He started out life as a wool sweater, purchased for $3 in a thrift shop for the express purpose of felting.











Ah, gotta love those thrift shops. The first shot is the sweater after I felted it.














Here is Steve, in the early stages. You'll have to imagine the rest of the process, since my camera battery died soon after this.
By the time the battery was fully recharged, Steve had appeared, in all his fuzzy glory. Cool, huh?













For those of you who don't get it - it's folk art, people. It's supposed to look like that.
I've started yet another project, but homework and work work are making serious dents in my craft time. Okay, maybe not homework. I seem to have "misplaced" my Music Appreciation textbook. What a shame. I guess I'll study tomorrow.

No comments:

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...