Monday, June 11, 2007

Now Serving . . .

a whopping plate of Kool-Aid dyed lace-weight Merino. This stuff turned out so great, I can't wait to show you how it looks skeined up!And, while that was cooking up, I managed to ply, wash and skein up my latest handspun, the BFL from Copper Moose. 785 yards so far, and still more left on the bobbins.I'm pretty much a novice at this, and I tend to overspin, but this is what it looked like when it came off the bobbin. Fairly relaxed to my eye, but then again, what do I know about balanced yarn??? I washed (soaked) it and hung it up with a can of soup to weight it, then reskeined it. Here it is in all it's fat little glory.I also don't take very good pictures. I blame it on my camera, because I'm sure I'm really an artiste. All the boys took me swimming on Saturday. I'm way too uptight any more for all this. I kept freaking out, sure that someone, anyone, was drowning. Kids are way too fearless in the pool - everyone's kids. I don't remember being that worried about my own kids swimming (sorry girls!). I just knew that if I didn't pay attention to every child in the pool, they would come into harm's way. Mother Theresa saves the day.
As I write this, it's storming to beat the band. Finally! Here's the proof.I washed both cars yesterday, so everyone can thank me.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Mother Theresa! Good one.

Donna said...

Thank you for the rain! :) We really needed it.

Your hand dyed yarn looks awesome.

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...