Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm Baaaccccckkkk

Whew, that took some doing. I still don't have internet access at home (at EITHER home), but I'm at my daughter's house in Rock Hill, sharing some kind soul's access. How sweet. I hope that when I get back to Tifton next week we'll have our own internet access.

Okay, get ready. Here's some of my hand spun, hand dyed 100% Blue Faced Leicester. Hmmm, that may be spelled incorrectly. Anway, here it is:




They turned out really well for kool-aid dying!
I've got a pound of Merino spun and plyed, and I may wait until my indigo is ready to dye it. Did I forget to mention that the indigo isn't even planted yet? I'm an optimist, can you tell?
Okay, you didn't think that with all the time that has passed that I wouldn't have a story for you, did you? Well, after a failed attempt to locate a "fish camp" out in the middle of nowhere (or Lenox to those of you who know the area) we finally found it. We were pleasantly surprised at what we found. It's called Jernigan's, and it's in the middle of a field, truly out in the middle of nowhere, but packed! Apparently if you know where it is, you go there. It's a big place, very clean and orderly, with great wait staff. The food is great, and may I say, quite inexpensive. Okay, to my story. The sweet girl who waited on us took our orders and then asked us if we wanted pickles and onions. I waited for John to ask her, and when he didn't, I finally asked, "For what?" She gave me a look that clearly said "You're not from around here, are you?" and then said, "Well, to eat on!" True to her word, she brought us out fresh sweet onions, sliced, and a plate of dill and bread and butter pickles, along with a basket of captain's wafers. I've eaten some "different" things, but onions and pickles for an appetizer - not 'til then. And yes, we loved it! So if you're ever in the area of Lenox, GA, on a Thurs., Fri., or Sat., you need to get off the beaten path to Jernigan's so you can get some pickles and onions to eat on!

No comments:

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...