Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Book List

So, working in a library is pretty cool. Except for all these books. How do they expect me to not spend my day reading if they have all these books? I'm like a kid in a candy shop - books, books, books!
So here's my recent (since August) reading list. I only read stuff I like, so all these I would recommend. If I don't like it, even after I start it, I just stop reading it. And it doesn't make the list. I'm not saying I LOVED every single one, but they were all good enough to finish reading. Now get off the computer and get down to your local library!!

**I put asterisks by those I really enjoyed**
*Oral History - Lee Smith
*Unless - Carol Shields
That Night - Alice McDermott
***A Gracious Plenty - Sheri Reynolds
The Quilter's Apprentice - Jennifer Chiaverini
Dream When You're Feeling Blue - Elizabeth Berg
Monster - Jonathan Kellerman
**Between, GA - Joshilyn Jackson
Eye Contact - Cammie McGovern
**Rapture of Canaan - Sheri Reynolds
***Sapphire's Grave - Hilda Gurley Highgate (very powerful and moving book!)
Road Kill and Other Art - Niles Reddick
*Sarny - Gary Paulsen
*NightJohn - Gary Paulsen
Hush, Little Baby - Katharine Davies
A Stitch in Time - Barbara Michaels
*Shattered Dreams - Irene Spencer

No comments:

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...