Thursday, January 29, 2009

The One Where I Show Only One of My Many Recently Finished Projects

I didn't realize until Tuesday night just how many projects I had finished recently. My blogless friend Kathy came over to knit while I made cupcakes, and I started showing her my various projects. Wow, there were quite a few!! She seemed fairly impressed, always a good sign. I thought I'd drag it all out, so here's just one.
These are toasty warm, made from less than one skein of Brown Sheep Bulky, purchased at the Sheep Shed Studio. (By the way, since I used bulky yarn, I went down to a #6 needle) My sister tried them on when she was here, but soon realized that she's not a mohair kind of girl. All that itching and stuff. So she wore the Evangeline's (knitted with Malabrigo) home that weekend.
These are a super fast knit, in fact, I've already made another pair, knitted exclusively during meetings at work. I made the most recent pair long on the hand section, because my wrists don't get nearly as cold as my hands!
PS - No Brenda, I haven't forgotten about Sydney's handwarmers, the poor little orphan! They'll look somewhat like these. The same color. Who sends their child to school with only one glove, anyway?
PPS - Hey, it's my blogoversary!

6 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Your mitts are really pretty.

Most of the 2 ply I've done has been hard like wire, as you say. I've been shooting for softer yarn, but it just hasn't worked out yet. Soon. Or soon enough.

Katie said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Bridget said...

Oh I like those! And the longer hand section is a good idea, as far as I'm concerned.

Happy Blogiversary!

Beverly said...

Beautiful wristwarmers. They look super warm. I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Well Happy Blogaversary !!! I love those mitts. I'd considered that pattern for myself. One day soon... one day soon !

Anonymous said...

If I had not already seen these in person, I might say they were lovely, just lovely, but I have so I won't. But they really are. (What did she say?)

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...