Thursday, February 05, 2009

Wisteria, She is Done!











I wore her yesterday, in our freezing temps, and she was bulletproof. I didn't even wear a coat.
I started her in Sept. of 08, and just finished her last month. I used Cascade 220, in grey. My first go-round with Cascade, and I'm very pleased, so far. The only modification I made was to not put any waist shaping in. I don't go in there, so my sweater shouldn't, either. This was such a fun and easy project, and yes, I may be persuaded to make another!!
Nicole, thank you for the use of your #8 dpn's. I couldn't have done it without you. I'll be getting them back to you ASAP!!




7 comments:

MichelleB said...

OMG! I love it! The instructor in my sweater class listed this as option for a sweater to knit. I fell in love with it when I saw it. I love your version. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Kewl!!! You should tell me these things so I can come over and oooh and aaah in person!

BD

Bridget said...

It's beautiful! I've been looking and looking at this pattern, but since I've never knit a top down sweater before, I'm a little hesitant to try it.

Diane Grenkow said...

GORGEOUS!!

Julie said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the yarn you used....the texture is perfect and the color is gorgeous.
Oh, to be so talented!

Vera said...

Great job!

Beverly said...

Beautiful!!! I love the color. I'm going to have to knit this one.

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...