Monday, March 02, 2009

Well, Hello Winter!

Was I not just complaining about the crappy weather? Aaarrrggghhh. Now I'm really mad about it! I managed to just miss the wind and rain storms that hit Tifton, GA on Saturday, as I was making my way up to Clemson, SC. Unfortunately, I couldn't escape the winter storm on Sunday as I drove back home. As soon I crossed into Georgia, it started snowing, and didn't stop until I hit Unadilla. For those of you who don't know Georgia, just trust me, it's a ways down there. Here are some pics AFTER I went through the worst of it. These are pictures from south of Atlanta. SOUTH, did you hear me?? South!! The roads were way too treacherous to take pictures before this.
If this is global warming, we're in trouble.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You move to the South and you become a weather wimp. Tsk, tsk.

Katy said...

Mama you are too funny. The snow was beautiful, it was the ice and the other drivers that were bad. Almost all of our snow has melted already. Now spring can come.

Jenny said...

I would've been pulling over. You need to be home with a cup of hot chocolate during times like these!

Beverly said...

We didn't get a flake. I was so looking forward to a snow day.

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful. Everyone I know was freaking out about the BIG snow. Sadly I couldn't get too excited by it because I had more then my fill of snow in Indiana. That is why I live in south Georgia... so I don't have to put up with miserable cold. I don't like it one bit!

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...