Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winter Blehs.

Blahs, blehs, whatever you call them, they're just crappy. I don't get blues during the winter like I did when I was younger (but then again, I lived in NE Ohio, where the sun doesn't shine for 6 months out of the year), but even now I shy away from spending time outdoors where the fact that it's winter is hard to ignore.


This is a picture of the grandsons playing in the snow in Clemson, SC on 1/10/11. They don't usually get this much snow up there, and everything is shut down tight until it melts.



This is a picture of my backyard on the same day. No snow. And instead of our usual (really Weather Channel, it's usually that warm?) 63 degree average for January, it's been in the low 40s. Just cold enough to be really ugly. The upside to all this? I can put off working in the yard!

No comments:

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...