Sunday, January 29, 2006

First post!

I actually tried to start this blog back in 2002, but for some reason or another, it just didn't happen. I found the preliminary blog, read it, laughed mightily, and then deleted it. Funny how much changes in just under 4 years! I want to keep track of my knitting progress (or lack of it) and post some pictures of what I've accomplished. I've been knitting since 1979, so there are a few projects that will never see the light of day on this blog, but there are plenty more to be created. I've already got 4 FO's for this year, all items that were started earlier, but finished in January. I'll have to take the pics and figure out how to post them.
In current knitting news, I've decided to bite the bullet and join the knitting Olympics, hosted by the Harlot. I think I'll try my hand at the Snowdrop shawl. I originally bought the pattern for the Flirty Ruffles shawl, but let's get real. It'll take a lot of Olympics to get that one finished. I love the prices for the Zephyr Wool-Silk on The Knitter.com. I made the Creatures of the Reef shawl for my boss this past Christmas and used it, and it was wonderful to knit with. I used the Aegean Blue for that shawl, and it was beautiful. Did I photograph it before I gave it away? Of course not. I'm using the white for the Snowdrop Shawl, naturally. I'll try to remember to photograph it.
I'll wrap this first post up so I can get out of my pajamas. After all, it is noon.

1 comment:

Mothlady said...

Welcome to the blogging world (for the second time)! I'll be back to check out those FO's ;)

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...