Monday, June 18, 2007

Another Haunted Hotel??

Could it be? We're staying here at the King and Prince, on St. Simons Island, GA and I do believe there's something strange going on. Okay, so it's one little thing, so far. We went out to wander around the resort and walk the beach last night, and when we got back our coffee maker was on. Sounds mundane, sure, but we didn't turn it on. There was no coffee or water in it, but it was making those gurgling coffee maker noises. I walked into the bathroom to see what was making the noise, and turned it off. So, how does this happen? First of all, here's a picture of the setup.See? There's really no way to accidentally turn it on. You have to push the button to ON.So, you say, perhaps it was on since we got there. Uh, yea. NOT. It has a one-hour automatic shut-off. And it works. I tried it. So I was a bit freaked out and made sure the door to the bathroom was closed all night. The tough part was when I woke up at midnight (that's when the alarm went off, not set by us!) and had to use the bathroom. Did I? No way. It took me 'til 3 to work up the courage to open the door. Chicken sh*t. Needless to say, there was nothing to be afraid of, and now it's daylight and all is good!! You're right, I DO need to get a life.
On that note, here are some pics of St. Simons.
For those of you who don't know where it is, here's a map. It's below Savannah, GA, and above Jacksonville, FL. That will put you in the general vicinity.


The Pier


Our lunch at Zuzu's


Sea Island Festival

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very strange. Is it a coffee pot with a timer? Maybe the last person that stayed in the room was a practical joker and set timers on the coffee pot and alarm clock.

Donna said...

Maybe the maid came in while you were out and accidentally hit the switch? Or maybe one of you did before you left? That happens to our coffeemaker at home quite often.

As for the alarm clock, as a frequent business traveler, I learned fast to always check the hotel alarm clock. I got a few unpleasant surprises before learning this.

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...