Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beach Knitting


There's nothing like getting away and heading to the beach. We're spending a few days at St. Simons Island on the Georgia coast, while J attends his annual CBO/CFO conference. The weather is beautiful, the food is fantastic and they have yarn! I found it! It's a great shop called The Stitchery of St. Simons, and yes, that is a link. They're online. Life is good. I was rude and didn't ask, but I think the woman who was working is actually the shop owner. I have to say, I think she was probably one of the nicest yarn shop owners I've met. Very friendly, very patient. She has tons of fiber, accessories, patterns, all that, and also carries needlepoint stuff. I was ready to start another hobby. I left John sitting in the car, while I shopped with his credit card. Like I said, life is good. I got the Sublime pattern book no. 606, which has baby patterns for the baby cashmere merino silk dk. I loved the Little Pixie Coat pattern, which turns out to be a free online pattern. It's a good thing I like the other patterns in the book, too. I bought 3 skeins of color Piglet, sooo soft, and I'm soooo allergic to silk. I have to be careful not to touch my eyes or scratch anywhere. ANYWHERE. Don't ask me how I know this, it's still too painful to talk about. But the pattern is easy - so far, and fast! I knit the back last night while we were at a dinner for all the CBO's and their families. I'm heading down to the pool in a little bit to work on the fronts. I know, I know, it's a rough life - you know the rest.

4 comments:

Tusa said...

Life really does sound good.

I love your new look by the way and those counters on the sidebar are nifty.

Also wanted to drop by and let you know that I have a free Elizabeth Zimmerman book on offer. Come visit me and see.

jessica said...

I am so jealous! You sound as if you are having a wonderful time, enjoy the rest of your "vacation"!

shansays said...

I LOVE BEACH KNITTING. Very jealous, but DH worked this week, so who knows maybe we will go on vacation again at some point.

Big Hug,

Shannon

Theresa said...

What a fun break you are getting. I LOVE being by the sea. I was wondering where you've been since you haven't picked your prize yet. Now I know you've been busy!

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...