Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Rainy Night in Georgia







Last year we couldn't pay for rain, but I think last night just made up for it. Hwy. 82E (which means nothing to you) has been closed because of standing water, and so are many of the back roads. I can't tell you how long it's been since I went to sleep listening to the rain. I kept wanting to write "listening to the train", but in Tifton, that's about all you can hear most days.
By the time I got to work, a lot of the water had receded, but I managed to get some pictures of what was still there. For all you drought-stricken areas, don't worry, your day is coming!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

We've been experiencing the same thing here. I left work the other day and since we don't have any street drains where I work I walked through 2-3 inches of water walking the 10 feet from my building to the car. Roads were flooded and I encountered one lady drivin in the middle of two lanes.

At least it's better than the drought in other places. We still haven't made up for the drought we're. All I can do is pray for those who have it worse than us.

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...