Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pay It Forward

Okay, I found this yesterday, and I think it's a cool idea. You will, too. I was surfing around and found Laura's site. She's a knitter and a mother, and she had a cool idea about a small swap, a Paying It Forward type of thing. This is a direct quote from her blog:

The idea of the exchange is I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on this blog post requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet, and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise (probably sooner rather than later however)! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog - this means you must have a blog, sorry blogless readers.

Hey, that's the easiest swap I can think of! So I'm throwing it out there to you all. I just need 3 people to say they want to join, and then it's their turn to post it. And that means I'll have to make and finish 3 gifts. Kill me now. If my sister Betsy would ever start a blog, she'd be a good one to get. My other sister Shannon HAS a blog, but let's see, it's been ONE YEAR since she updated it. They're both incredibly crafty people. So sisters, the challenge is out there. Don't make me be the smartest, craftiest sister in the family. Again. As for my sister Patty, who may be reading this blog, I know how much you LOVE to craft, heh, heh. You need to get a blog too, and then you can send a peach pie. She makes a damn good peach pie, and good coffee, just like Grandma K! Girls, you know what I mean.

1 comment:

shansays said...

I'm game:) A good excuse to use stash.

Catching Up

First things first - you might have noticed I've changed the name of the blog. Knitting NonPareil was appropriate at one time, but I don...